139.4

"That's what you get for waking up in Vegas."
Not great but not as bad as it could be.
So last night I decided on Trader Joe's Orange Chicken (off the hook good!) for dinner along with their frozen brown rice (also off the hook good) and some broccoli. It was nice getting some healthy food in my stomach!

Today's breakfast was my usual Fage yogurt mixed with a tablespoon sugar free strawberry jelly, a half cup of fiber one cereal and a half cup of strawberries. I didn't take a picture cuz it looks just like all the others.
I dropped the kids off at school and grabbed a tall, double, skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks and then went to cooking class at Great News. Today's topic was Fast & Fabulous Entertaining. The few recipes I forgot to take pictures of because I was hungry and very excited to eat! The first recipe we had was Firecracker Salmon with a Spicy Ginger-Soy Glaze on Asian Noodles with Julienne Vegetables. OMG.....it was sooooo good!! The next recipe was Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Sauce with Blue Cheese Potato Gratin. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of this one because it was AMAZING. The potato gratin rocked my socks off!
Third recipe was Bourbon-Brown Sugar Braised Pork Tenderloin with Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potato Slices. Also, very good! Reminded me of the holidays. :)



Next up was Bacon, Feta and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Chicken Rolls and Orzo Tossed with Artichokes, Olives and Feta. Mmmmmmmm......so tasty!!!

And lastly, was dessert: Cinnamon Raisin Apple Bread Pudding with Cider Custard Sauce. OMG....to DIE for!!!!



So much for healthy food. :)
Picked the kids up from school and went to the grocery store to stock up on stuff for dinner this week. Then it was off for a run. It felt good to get my legs moving again! I got my new Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS/heart rate monitor and tried it out today. Love it!!!! I ran 2.6 miles and walked the rest for a total of 4.12 miles (hills included!). Nice!!!
After another shower, I made dinner. No picture....I left my camera upstairs and hubby was too hungry to wait for me to grab it. I made this recipe for Weight Watcher's Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas. It's been a favorite of hubby and mine for several years. I served it with a medley of corn, zucchini, onions, bell peppers and tomatoes with tons of salsa and Cholula!
So there you have it folks, Melissa is getting back on track (except for the bread pudding and blue cheese potatoes). ;)

Comments