136.6

So last night's dinner was called Layered Fiesta Casserole. I served it with black beans and salsa on the side. It looks like a pile of stuff, but it really is in layers I promise. :)

Here's the recipe. I added onions and garlic when cooking the peppers.

Breakfast this morning was my favorite low point option Fage yogurt with Fiber One cereal and blackberries.

After I took the kids to school, it was cooking class time at Great News! Today's class was entitled "Cooking Under Wraps". First up was Caprese and Prosciutto Baked Quesadillas with a Parmesan Crust Topped with Pesto Cream:

That was pretty good. It was an Italian take on a quesadilla and I liked the change up!

Next up was Bastilla (Moroccan Chicken, Almond and Phyllo Pie):

I have never heard of this before. It was both savory and sweet and the combination of flavors were interesting. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one. The presentation was beautiful but I'm not sure it would be something I'd make and serve.

The third one was my favorite: Spinach Lasagna Rolls with Sausage Red Pepper Sauce:

I really loved this one!! The sauce was soooo good!!

Next was Puff Pastry Wrapped Truffled Mushrooms and Crab:

I liked the idea of this but there was cream cheese at the bottom and it threw the taste off for me. It was too cream cheesy for my liking. The instructor, Phillis Carey, mentioned that you could use brie instead and I think I would like that better.

Dessert was Pear and Dried Cranberry Tart with Sweet Pastry Crust:

This one was a winner!!! I loved it! It went perfectly with the vanilla ice cream.

That is not all.....look at this baby that I came home with:

Behold the brand new VitaMix blender!!!! The hubby gave me the thumbs up (I've been working on this one for awhile!) and I'm so excited!!!! What should I make first???

I focused my excitement on P90X. Today was Kenpo day. It was a little more challenging for me today with all that cooking class goodness in my tummy. I probably should not get on the scale tomorrow. It would be for the best.
And the craziness isn't over! We are going out to Firenze (my favorite restaurant) with friends for dinner. I'll just chalk it all up to a bad eating day and that's that!

Comments

  1. yay for the vitamix!! it looks so pretty :)

    mm all of that food looks So good - especially the spinach role lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cooking classes! The quesadilla and lasagna roll both look amazing- I'm not too sure either about the almond chicken combination...

    Mmm so many good things to make in the vitamix! Have you tried the banana softserve yet? Where you just blend frozen bananas until they are the consistency of ice cream? Soo good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment