139.0

Bunco was a great time last night! I ended up making Sun dried Tomato and Spinach Appetizers:



















I don't remember where I found the recipe but it was on some blog....let me know if it's yours so I can give you credit for these delicious things!

Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Appetizers

8oz (or so) sun dried tomatoes (if packed in oil, drain and pat dry well)
1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
1 shallot, chopped
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
pepper to taste
1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed
Flour for cookie sheet
1 egg, beaten with 1-2 Tbsp water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse together the first 5 ingredients a few times until everything is combined and tomatoes & shallots are chopped.
Lightly flour a cookie sheet and unwrap the puff pastry carefully. Using a knife, cut each sheet into 8 equal (or close to it) pieces.
Put 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture on each rectangle and fold over. Seal each "pouch" with a fork, and prick the top of each pastry to allow steam to escape.
Brush the tops of each pastry with the egg wash and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and puffed to your liking.
Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to serving platter. Can be served warm or room temperature.



















Bunco was at my friend Alicia's house. She had a pink theme and everything was laid out on beautiful pink fabric. I took a picture of dessert right away! :)



















She made these yummy "Pink Halo" cocktails: champagne, raspberry vodka and grenadine:

























I had one glass of this and then two glasses of wine throughout the evening. Check out all the yummy food:



















There were a few more dishes put out after I took this picture too. I had a little taste of everything. :) I had a great time!!

This morning, all I wanted was some more peanut butter on toast. So that's what I had with some watermelon:



















I took the kids to school and went to Zumba. Today was the first day in a long time that I felt really good while working out! Yes!!!! Here's to feeling normal again!!!

I came home and changed and made some lunch. I had a can of Trader Joe's split pea soup and a piece of wheat toast smeared with a Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese wedge as well as some more leftover Tomato Feta salad. Don't worry....it's almost gone! :)



















It was a delicious lunch! I love that tomato feta salad!! After lunch it was time to pick up my daughter from school. I had an hour before my son got out of school so we went to McDonald's. I had a yogurt parfait and a few of my daughter's fries. :)
























I picked up my son and then we went to swim lessons. After that, it was home and then paying bills. Ugh...I let them stack up so it took awhile. Glad it's done!! Gotta run to fix dinner! It's almost the weekend! I'm going to Palm Springs on Saturday with the girls to celebrate my friend's birthday. Yeah!!

Where do you like to go for a quick getaway weekend? We like to go to Palm Springs, Los Angeles and Vegas. All are within driving distance. :)

Comments

  1. Haha, we go to San Diego!

    I love the idea of the pink champagne cocktail. I might have to copy that for Ava's first birthday party (for the adults of course.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping is my "quick weekend" getaway. I am thinking of trying to talk Mitch into going to Santa Barbara at the end of the summer, though. And those puff thingys are mine...I think this is the first time anyone has made one of my original recipes on another blog! Made my night. I hope people liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anywhere we can fly is fair game for a weekend, Chicago is common, we have gone to NY, Orlando and a few other fun places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going down to my grandmas beach house, it is so relaxing and nice to just hang out there! Ive never done zumba I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment