141.4 UGH

Ok, this time I've really had it. Must stop eating. After dinner last night, I felt super disgusting and decided that it's time to clean up my act. July will be clean & healthy eating month. For real this time. :) Going backwards....

Yesterday after running errands, I cam home and had a snack: wheat toast with peanut butter and an apple sprinkled with cinnamon:




















We decided to meet some friends and their son for dinner at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant in Encinitas. I had a glass white wine before we left. When we arrived, we ordered margaritas:



















I don't usually drink them (you know I prefer wine always) but it just sounded good! I also proceeded to eat a ton of chips, salsa and guacamole. For my entree, I had the Camarones Diablos:



















Those shrimpies were SPICY. *Almost* too spicy for me. :) I ate all of the shrimp and veggies and some of the rice and beans. I ate both flour tortillas that came with it. We ordered vanilla ice cream for the kids and I had some of that too. When I got home, I felt like crap. I had a good talk with myself (and the hubby) that I'm un-doing all the hard work I've put in to lose weight. Enough is enough and I need to get it together before I put on any more weight. For those of you that don't know, I used to weigh around 165 pounds (before kids) and I've managed to keep it off for about 10 years. Yeah!!

So.....this morning I had the last piece of the oven-baked omelette with some salsa:



















I took the kids to camp and made my way to South Coast Plaza (best mall ever!) in Orange County to meet my mom and my sister in law to shop! In the middle of all our shopping, we stopped for lunch a Via France. I think that was what it was called. Hmmmm......

I started with a salad with balsamic vinegar:



















I had an egg white omelette with veggies and a side of....veggies. :) With some Tabasco on top, it was perfect!



















After a little bit more shopping, I grabbed a double skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. Around 2:00 I made my way back to San Diego. The traffic was a bit icky but I made it home in under two hours which wasn't the worst.

As soon as I got home, I started the laundry and had a snack: hummus & carrots:



















We have family coming over for a barbecue tomorrow night so I wanted to get some prepping done tonight. I took the husks off the corn, made the rice for the rice salad and made Cream Cheese Swirl Chocolate Brownies. They are cooling on my stove top right now:



















I leave you tonight with the recipe. Make these at your own risk.....they are amazing! I will NOT be having any tomorrow. :)

Cream Cheese Swirl Chocolate Brownies

2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided use
2 1/2 tsp vanilla, divided use
3 large eggs
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1 egg yolk

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat an 8 inch baking ban with nonstick spray and fit an 8 x 16 inch sheet of aluminum foil on the bottom of pan with the excess overhanging both sides of the pan. Spray foil with nonstick spray.

2. Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Combine chocolates and butter in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave oven on High powder 1 minute, stir and heat an additional 30 seconds if necessary; stir until smooth.

3. Stir 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp vanilla into chocolate; then whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time. Continue whisking until mixture is completely smooth. Add dry ingredients until mixed in.

4. In a small bowl beat cream cheese with remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and egg yolk.

5. Pour half the chocolate batter into prepared pan. Drop half the cream cheese mixture by spoonfulls over the batter. Repeat layering and then using the blade of a table knife, swirl batter and cream cheese filling, creating a marbled effect.

6. Bake brownies until edges have puffed slightly, center feels not quite firm when touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with several moist, fudgy crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes.

7. Cool on rack for 5 minutes. Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan. Cool on rack to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh girlfriend....I totally can relate. I've gained all of the weight I lost on my bootcamp back and then some...I am so not happy about it and I never thought I'd be "that" girl who did the yo-yo thing! We can do this...time to clean up the act (I'm mostly talking about me here, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream Cheese Swirl Chocolate Brownies... yuuummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go back to this post to inspire myself...since doing the GM diet, I did at one point get to 141.5, so I had to see this post title to know that at one brief point, I was nearly the same weight as your hot self. You continue to inspire me! Thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment