141.4

After all this weekend’s delicious eats, I’m ready to get back on track tomorrow!

Today was a great day….nothing in particular to do. I love those days! I woke up around 7AM and started getting stuff done immediately: put laundry away, washed sheets and towels, unloaded the dishwasher and made breakfast:

October 2010 191

Egg beaters, Laughing Cow Chipotle cheese wedge, taco sauce and sautéed spinach, onions and zucchini in a wheat tortilla.

After breakfast, the baking bug hit me. I had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I’ve been meaning to try forever. So glad I did!

October 2010 192

Hot out of the oven:

October 2010 193

They were a huge hit! My sister and law and her kids came over  to play for the day and the cookies started to disappear fast! Try this recipe!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled until just warm

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 egg yolk

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In your mixer, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, followed by chocolate chips.

Drop by 1/4 cups (I did them smaller) onto the baking sheet and pat lightly so the cookie is an even thickness, not a ball shape. Cookies with spread as they bake and this ensures a more even spread.

Bake for 15-17 minutes, until just turning brown all over. The edges should only be very slightly more brown, if at all, from the rest of the cookie. Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet. Makes 18-24 large cookies.

 

My sister in law brought over some awesome mushroom and barley soup:

October 2010 194

I made pizzas and salad as well. The last time I was at Costco I bought these pizza crusts that came with sauce. They were ok….the crust was a little too doughy for us.

October 2010 195

Besides the soup, I made a plate of pizza and salad:

October 2010 196

I ended up having another slice a little later. We hung out for awhile  and then I went to get my nails done.

When I got home it was time to make dinner. Another new recipe! Sesame Noodles!

October 2010 197

I followed the recipe exactly except that I added chicken and broccoli. I also halved the recipe. Hubby really liked it….there was only a tiny bit left after we were done. Delicious!

I’m not sure how I feel about tomorrow being Monday but I think I need to get back to my healthy routine….at least for a few days right?

What is your favorite type of Asian cuisine? Chinese, Japanese, etc.?

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments

  1. Japanese for sure! I love sushi, miso soup, tempura vegetables, and noodle dishes.

    That pizza looks so good, I love doughy crust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love productive days. I had a great Sunday, too. All your eats look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dishes look amazing, that pizza looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment