137.6

Ah….I love Saturdays. Especially when I don’t have to be a million places or go to a billion birthday parties. I have crossed quite a few things off my to-do list so that makes my Saturday even better!

Last night’s dinner turned out pretty good. I baked chicken breasts with a mixture of parmesan cheese and Italian dressing mix. Don’t forget to pound your chicken breasts so they cook quicker and come out more juicy! While the chicken was baking, I roasted some broccoli covered in olive oil, salt and pepper. I made a box of Annie’s Whole Wheat Shells with White Cheddar and added a can of Italian diced tomatoes. Voila!

November 2010 079

That’s the first time I’ve tried Annie’s shells. I think without the tomatoes it would have been too bland. I really liked the addition of the tomatoes.

After a couple of cups of coffee, I finally made breakfast this morning.

November 2010 080

Egg beaters, swiss cheese, taco sauce and sautéed spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and cilantro wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. After breakfast I went to spin class where I left a sweaty beast.

I quickly changed when I got home and returned my old car to the dealership. Time to drive the new one!! Yeah!!!

I was famished after all that so I threw together the quickest thing I could think of: the rest of Hungygirl’s baked ziti and the rest of the shells and tomatoes from last night:

November 2010 081

YUM!!!! I love pasta!

I made the dough for the rolls that I will be serving at Thanksgiving. They are rising on my counter now. It’s a recipe from the  most recent Food Network magazine for dinner rolls. The recipe states that after I form the rolls, I can freeze them. Hopefully they’ll turn out!

I also had some basil that needed to be used up so I whipped up some pesto using this recipe. I haven’t used the recipe before but it tasted good after I licked the spoon. :) Not sure what I’ll be using it for yet but stay tuned.

Tonight we are going to dinner at our club with some other couples. Excited for a Saturday night out!

Are you a fan of pesto?

Technorati Tags:

Comments

  1. Saturdays with no plans are the best!!
    Hope you had fun clubbing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pesto but never make it. Go figure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chicken sounds delicious! And the Annie's are kind of bland - not real cheesy - you jazzed them up good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment