140.6…Better Than Crack Brownies

I have an exciting recipe for you. No, not my leftover Lightened Bolognese over penne and veggies that I had for dinner last night.

February 2011 045

These:

February 2011 046

The missing one was the tester. Before we get to the good stuff, let’s talk about breakfast.

February 2011 047

Waffle with peanut butter and strawberries.

Lunch:

February 2011 048

I wasn’t sure what to do with this. I’ve never tried them before but was intrigued at Costco so I bought them. At first I just ate it plain. That was good but it needed something else. I added a little leftover macaroni shaped pasta and some hot sauce. 

Ok…now let’s get back to business shall we?

February 2011 049

I’m taking this plate of goodness over to my friend’s house for her Superbowl party today. The cookies in the middle are the Crispy & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies that I made yesterday.

The beauties on the outside are Jessica’s Better than Crack Brownies. Oh, Jessica, why do you do this to me?

February 2011 050

Better Than Crack Brownies

From How Sweet It Is

Printable Recipe

1 batch brownies (I used the Ghirardelli mix)

1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)

1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (I didn’t have these but used Reese’s Pieces instead)

1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

1 1/2 creamy peanut butter

1/2 Tbsp butter

1  1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.

While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. (I just did it in the microwave) Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over the top.

Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

*Baking my brownies for the time indicated was not enough. My batch could have used another 10 minutes or so in the oven. Not sure if it was my specific mix or not. 

Ever tried the Madras Lentils? What do you do with them?

Are you watching the game today? (The Superbowl for those who are confused)

Comments

  1. Not the biggest brownie lover, but this list of ingredients is making me need to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooooo! I want to hear more about the lentils!!!!! cmon! stop teasing me! =)

    haha you know my motto is eff sweets and go veggies! <3

    xoxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. meh - i kind of watched the game - mostly I had my laptop and watched the commercials every so often. Loved the darth vader kid/VW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really, really need to try peanutbutter on waffles. that looks to DIE for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts