Birthday Cake Coma

I’m back in San Diego! Boy did I have a good time last night with the family! For dinner we picked up Zankou Chicken for dinner. I ordered the Beef Shawerma plate:
February 2011 241
They have the best hummus on the planet.
Then I ate a piece of birthday cake the size of my face.
February 2011 242
You cannot tell from the photo but it was BIG. I LOVE birthday cake. Moist, spongy cake with tons of sugary frosting. After the last bite of cake, I died and went into a cake coma.
I woke up knowing that I needed healthy eats. I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast. My mom didn’t have any fruit (shame on you mom!!) so the jelly had to do. :)
February 2011 243
I got packed up and dressed and we went to their local mall to do a couple of errands. They have a Cheesecake Factory there so it was obvious where I wanted to go for lunch. I loved all of your suggestions for things to order there but today, I went with an old favorite: Herb Crusted Salmon Salad:
February 2011 244
I needed veggies in my life.
On the way back to San Diego, I went through the Starbucks drive-thru (how awesome are those!?!) and got a latte for the road:
February 2011 245
Time to unpack and chill!
Ever been through a Starbucks drive-thru?
Have you ever had Zankou Chicken?

Comments

  1. Best hummmus on the planet? oh wow that is EPIC! Tell them they need to give you their recipe! =) so you can share it with us! hehe

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of all your recent eats!! AND massages!
    I too love birthday cake! I LOVE chocolate cake with ganache...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...I love cake with sugary frosting with all my heart.
    Have not heard of that chicken place.

    Almost all of the Starbucks around me have drive thrus, so let's just say I almost forgot what the inside of a 'bucks looks like. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I LOVE cake!! looks like lots of great food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Zankou is delicious but that garlic sauce sticks man. Your breath still smells funky the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had Zankou chicken but it sounds interesting!

    We have a drive thru Starbucks close to our house which is good and bad. Good because it's convenient and on my way to work. Bad because it's almost too convenient and it's on my way to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love grilled salmon salads. I can eat them any where any time. No Starbucks drive-thru where I live, actually no drive-thru at all (I live in the sticks).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment