140.2…My Favorite Salad

When 5:00 rolled around last night, it was wine time.

April 2011 049

Hubby wasn’t home for dinner last night, so I went to my trusty freezer and pulled out something entitled “turkey enchiladas.” Ok! Sounded great!

April 2011 050

With a salad with my favorite “crack” dressing, it was a great meal!

I had the exact same breakfast this morning as yesterday. What can I say….it just tastes so good! Who knows….maybe I’ll have it again tomorrow!

April 2011 051

I took the kids to school, ran over to Starbucks for a green tea and then back to my daughter’s school to volunteer. My daughter had an event at her school that my parents came to, so we took them to lunch afterwards at Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza. They have my favorite salad ever: The Chopped Chicken Salad.

April 2011 052

It’s so simple but it’s beyond delicious. Chopped iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, grilled chicken, basil and this amazing dressing. You have the choice of olives or oven roasted tomatoes. I like the tomatoes (hubby and I are not big olive fans) but my husband doesn’t so we get them on the side.

My husband also likes barbeque sauce with this salad. Yes, that is weird.

We also split something we had never tried: Chicken & hummus wrapped in lavash bread:

April 2011 053

It was pretty good but I was actually pretty full after the salad so I had half of mine plus some fries of course. Duh! I love me some fries.

My parents went home and I picked up my daughter and took her for some ice cream. She choose the cotton candy flavor. It was frightenly pink and purple. She loved it.

We picked up my son and went to our “Dog Smart” appointment. They both are doing so well and getting more and more comfortable with the different dogs.

I have track practice soon so I need to change and eat something….peanut butter pretzels perhaps?

What’s your ideal salad?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough fan here!

Comments

  1. The salad sounds simple but so delicious! I might have to recreate it! My ideal salad has sweet, sour and salty flavors. I'm pretty fond of cookie dough too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chopped salads are so delicious! Olives are one of the few things I actually don't like either!
    I'm a plain flavor ice-cream gal...vanilla for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love grape ice cream as a kid and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Now, I love anything ice cream LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know someone who says that your favorite ice cream somehow correlates to your belief in God. I don't remember how but he believed in pure vanilla. I'm all over the map. I used to love that blue stuff w/the bubble gum, mint chip, pina colada, mint chip (did I say that already?) then I was chocolate. I actually came to understand pure vanilla as a beautiful thing. Today? I don't eat it much. But if I show up at a fancy ice cream place I look for something that incorporates banana. That's a long answer to a simple question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ideal salad...romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, chicken, avocado, and caesar dressing on the side. I also LOVE the BBQ chicken ranch salad at Cheesecake factory.

    Ice cream...I like vanilla bean with lots of hershey syrup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while and finally started one of my own so now I'm commenting!

    My ideal salad HAS to have artichokes and sundried tomatoes.

    Ice cream...mint chocolate chip.

    Ok and now I'm officially hungry for ice cream, help!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take two of everything please and thank you! <3 with extra crack sauce =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm, i love pears and blue cheese and candied nuts on my salad. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. did someone say wine time? You speak my language!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite salad is any type of salad that can be made at a salad bar. Wholefoods = my heaven! I love being able to add anything I want depending on my appetite. Thankfully the nearest wholefoods is over 10 minutes from my house or I would be one broke chica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that salad, too! My favorite lately has probably been taco salad. Ground beef and black beans on lettuce with avocado dressing? I'm IN!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment