I Love Las Vegas.

It’s true. I really do. I had such a nice vacation. Lots of food, wine, sleeping and blackjack. It was nice spending a couple of days alone with my husband.

Friday night I poured myself a glass of wine while I made dinner.

May 2011 036

I had some pizza dough and black beans in the fridge so I decided to make a black bean pizza.

May 2011 037

I searched on allrecipes.com and found this one that I had all the ingredients for. 

May 2011 038

It was ok. Not the best, not the worst. Oh well….you can’t win them all right?

Saturday morning I got up early to get ready and all packed for Vegas. I grabbed a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and headed out the door for the airport.

May 2011 039

After we got checked in, I grabbed an iced latte from Starbucks.

May 2011 040

I had a free drink coupon for our flight and even though our flight was at 10:15am, I decided to get a glass of wine. What the heck…I’m on vacation!

May 2011 041

After a quick and easy flight, we hopped in a cab to our hotel. We stayed at the Encore. I have stayed here before and really like it. The rooms are nice and big and the hotel is beautiful.

We put our bags in the room and went down for lunch at The Society Cafe.

May 2011 042

More wine. Check out my tan. I really ended up liking my spray tan. I hope I don’t become addicted. A spray tan monster may have been created.

Hubby and I split their buffalo wing “lollipops”.

May 2011 043

Holy spicy these were good!! We also split the mini chili dogs and fries.

May 2011 044

I love vacation.

We gambled a bit and relaxed a lot. Right before it was time to get ready for the Pacquaio/Mosley boxing fight, I had a mini Luna Bar:

May 2011 045

Time to go!

May 2011 046

We had some fries/hot wings at the fight for dinner. I love my hot wings. They were not nearly as good as the ones earlier though. Our seats at the fight were in the nosebleed section. 

May 2011 047

That’s ok because the fight was beyond boring. We got there way too early and all the undercard fights were boring too. I could have used a pillow and a blanket. The only cool part of the fight was when LL Cool J came out with Shane Mosley singing his “Mama Said Knock You Out” song. 

We got back to the hotel, gambled for a bit (I’m becoming a pretty good blackjack player), and went to bed.

Yesterday morning I slept in until 10am. WHAT!?! When’s the last time that happened!?!

Eventually I got up, got dressed and we headed over to check out the new hotel, The Cosmopolitan. We stopped for lunch at one of their restaurants, Holsteins, a burger joint.

May 2011 048

Wine and burgers! What a great combination!!

May 2011 049

I ordered the California Turkey Burger (it had avocado, sprouts, cucumber slaw and Russian dressing) and onion rings. Delish!

We checked out the hotel for a bit and went back to the Encore hotel. I grabbed a vanilla gelato cone along the way.

May 2011 050

The rest of the day was spent napping, gambling, wine drinking and getting ready for dinner. We choose Carnevino (Mario Batali’s restaurant) in the Palazzo hotel for dinner.

May 2011 051

More vino:

May 2011 052

For my appetizer I choose the bruschetta:

May 2011 053

I enjoyed this. Very fresh ingredients.  On each toasted piece of baguette was topped with burrata cheese and then from right to left: olives, kale & pancetta and just plain cheese.

For my entree, I went with the appetizer portion of the “Spago” with Lamb Ragu:

May 2011 054

It was basically spaghetti Bolognese. It was pretty good. Overall, I enjoyed my food but it was WAY overpriced. I was actually laughing at some of their prices. If I were to go back, I would order a steak. Their steaks looked delicious.

After dinner, we gambled a bit more and hit the hay early style like the old folk that we are.

This morning we ordered breakfast in the room. I had the smoked salmon and chive scrambled eggs. It came with hash browns (the round disc things) and a bagel.

May 2011 055

It was so amazing! I couldn’t finish it all. Shocker! I enjoyed a couple of cups of coffee as well.

After I showered and packed up, it was time to head over to the airport (where I am now). I enjoyed our little trip. Before I sign off, let me show you our fabulous view from our hotel room. Not.

May 2011 056

We scored a free room at the Encore so I can’t complain but our view was a bit stinky. We were on the bottom floor overlooking the air-conditioning vents and huge lights. I joked and called it “the beach.” Gotta love a view of all that sand! :)

Our flight leaves soon so I will sign off. I’m debating a four mile run later. We’ll see.

What’s your favorite hotel in Las Vegas?

Any goals for the week?

Comments

  1. Fave hotel is the Wynn! I just love that place and the pool there is my fave! Looks like you had a wonderful little getaway - ahhh how I love Vegas is just a hop skip and a jump... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I really like Manadaly Bay and the Wynn. Although I got burned out on Vegas because of Trade Shows for work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never been to vegas, but i really want to! can't wait to hear more about your adventures...hope you win big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!! I've only stayed at the Mandalay and NY NY - def prefer the Mandalay! haha I've heard great things about the Wynn - next time. Love your dress - you look fab- and it looks like you guys had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Vegas! Seriously loving your 10am wine on the plane--that's what vacations are for!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress! I have never been to Vegas, but would love to get there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love vegas too! can't wait to go back! love the black dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I've never been to Vegas, but my husband used to go all the time in his younger days before we met.

    Hey, a free room rocks - even if the view sucked!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegas is so fun--everything is larger than life, so colorful and exciting! I haven't been since 2005 and the crazy thing is I haven't heard of any of the places you mentioned, the hotel or the restaurants, so I wonder if they're all new. We stayed at the Stratosphere and had a view from waaaay up of the strip. We liked it fine, but we liked the other themed hotels better. Can't pick a fave. Maybe the Luxor? I actually really liked the feel of the Mirage, but I've heard the rooms are small. We really enjoyed the Spice Market (or was it Merchant?) buffet in Aladdin's Castle while we were there. Can't see you eating at a buffet, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veronica: Vegas changes so much all the time! Places come and go faster than you can say BOO! And by the way, I Love buffets. Especially the ones in Vegas. I was thinking when we left, "Oh no! I never made it to a buffet!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Vegas too! Definitely one of my favorite places to visit!

    Your tan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I thought you were too posh for buffets! Love your tan, BTW! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Veronica: Too posh!?! Hahaha! One of my favorite places to eat is Taco Bell. No joke. :)
    Thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply lovely..
    first time here...awesome space you have with interesting posts..great clics...love your presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing and making us feel a part of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Venetian! The only bad thing about them is that I am on their email list and they send me constant emails that say "Isn't tonight a good night for the Venetian?", to which I reply, yes, yes, YES IT IS, but I am not there!! Anyway, the lobby smells amazing. That is my favorite part. Loved your summary of the trip!

    ReplyDelete

  17. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
    Boxing Classes Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment